Sunday, November 13, 2011

Countdown to Turkey Day

It's Sunday morning.  Of course I am working today; Realtors always work on Sunday.  My mind is wandering though...to that time when they will all walk through the door for Thanksgiving weekend.  Understand that I am not Betty Crocker.  However, I just renovated my kitchen and you would swear the Barefoot Contessa lives here.  I just wanted it to look nice!  We have it all...the beautiful cabinets, the upgraded stainless appliances, the amazingly different granite and a floor that is unlike many have seen.  It's everything I ever wanted but it may be a curse as well...because I used to have an excuse (crappy kitchen)...now I have none.  So, this is Day One of planning for Thanksgiving weekend. 

In past Thanksgivings I would order the entire shabang from Whole Foods.  For those of you who do not know, Whole Foods makes one heck of a Thanksgiving Dinner. The best part is that they don't cook the turkey...they just clean it, season it and put it in a pan.  So, when your guests arrive, they actually think you are cooking the dinner.  I am really good at hiding all the stuffing, potato, gravy and cranberry sauce containers.  When the meal goes on the table, it truly looks homemade.

My mom, who lives in Florida (and is coming for 5 days) says that "we are cooking this year".  Understand that the reason I dont cook is that SHE never cooked so I am not sure what this new found cullinary love is...but what the hell..I'll try it!  Thank goodness my brother in law is a great cook.  He is the reason I have a potato masher (from Williams and Sonoma I may ad). 

Step One is THE MENU.  Thats what I will work on today.  If you have ANY suggestions of EASY (operative word) recipes please post them here.  I promise to consider them if I actually know what the ingredients are and do not have to travel to some back room in downtown Manhattan to buy it!  Don't you love those people who mention a spice or ingredient but tell you that you must travel to South America to purchase it!!!  I would go to South America to purchase coffee...not an ingredient for my stuffing.

So stay tuned....must go plan my menu.  Oy, my head hurts already.  Remember POST THOSE EASY RECIPES.

Yours in coffee,  Pam

1 comment:

  1. Can not wait to come home for all of this so called "cooking" that you are doing. Lets try not to burn down the house. Love you mama

    ReplyDelete