Sunday, November 27, 2011

They Came, They Saw, They Ate...It was all Good!

Thanksgiving Day has now passed.  I know you are all waiting and holding your breath to see how it went in my house (only kidding)!  I must tell you that this Thanksgiving was one of the best ever; everyone close to me was around the table and it was simply wonderful. The red dining room (pics to follow) was a big hit, the china actually looked great on the table and the food was amazing!  I actually cooked!   I'm disappointed that no one posted a comment on this blog with easy recipes...I was left to develop the menu myself (thanks a bunch readers)! My brother in law Chris was my partner in crime; he is amazing cook and all around terrific person.  I am thankful that he was here and really orchestrated the entire production.

Of course no Thanksgiving for a realtor is complete without business calls.  At 10 Thanksgiving morning a deal was accepted and both the listing realtor and I were VERY thankful.  When I started this career I never realized that no time is sacred...when the client says list or buy...it can be 4 in the morning...we must always be on our toes.  At least I am.  My dedication to my profession is a 24 hour a day/7 days a week plan.  Family comes first but my clients are definitely a huge priority in my life. It is appreciated and the reason why I receive so many referrals...I am always there, am very organized and truly dedicated.  Enough of this public service announcement...you get the picture.  Back to Thanksgiving...

When we all sat down at the table it is a tradition to go around the table and say what you were thankful for.  It's nice to know that we can still do that and everyone seems to enjoy the exercise.  Then, of course what took 2 weeks to prepare was finished in less than an hour.  It's kind of a let down...do you feel that way too?  Such a build up and then poof, let the cleanup begin.  Turkey salad, turkey soup, turkey, turkey, turkey....stop the madness!

Now, its 4 weeks until Christmas and Hanukkah.  Oy Vey!  The tree goes up, the menorah comes out, the snowman appear and the second act of the holiday season begins.  So let me ask you......do you feel the joy of the season or the stress of getting it all done?  Since the holiday decorations have been in the stores since July 4th, we know its coming...but until that last bite of turkey is eaten on Thanksgiving day, it doesn't seem real.  Is that why Black Friday creates such a frenzy?  I used to be that 5 in the morning crazy person needing to get the Pokemon sheets.  It makes me sad that the stores and the media put so much emphasis on Black Friday that shootings, pepper spray, trampled people and fights happen. What material item is so important to risk life and limb?  How can we go back to simplier and spiritual times?  I am determined to find the answer.  So I ask you today...what do you think?  Is there a way to say goodbye to materialism and return to the true meaning of the holidays?  Will you take a minute after you read this to reflect on this blog and think of one thing that can change to make this holiday season about joy, family, health and love...not about the 42" TV.  I would love to read your comments and I think we can all help each other.  print your comments and pass this posting along.  Lets join hands and bring the spirit in together!! 

Yours in Coffee,

Pam





No comments:

Post a Comment