Monday, November 14, 2011

Painting The Dining Room for Thanksgiving

Day Two of Thanksgiving Day Preparations....Thoughts turn to the table because let's face it I am much better at decorating (realtor training) than I am at cooking.  Tomorrow the dining room is getting painted...its going to be a lovely shade of red.  Before you make a face, let me tell you that every house I have shown or listed that has a red dining room has caught my eye.  Of course I only had to look at it for less than 5 minutes at a time, but it still caught my eye.  So, I have decided I want a red dining room too.  Here is the big problem....the china doesn't match.  My china has grey and mauve in it (a small amount) but IT DOES NOT GO WITH A RED ROOM.  I told my husband and his answer was paint the dining room a different color..you are NOT getting new china.  I just don't know what to do.  I guess pretend that the mauve and grey is not on the plates...but I am Type A and that will not fly.  What would you do?  Tomorrow I will post pics of the dining room and then pics of the china.  I need ideas.  Do they make spray paint for plates?  Maybe no one will notice that the china doesn't match..i'll just serve a lot of wine.

Next questions..napkin rings or no napkin rings?  I am going for a whole new look here and really want to "dress to impress" the table.  Not that anyone is coming that I need to impress but I want to have that "perfect Thanksgiving look", like the tables you see in County Home magazine.  I am also hoping that the table and decorations will be so nice, it will overshadow the cooking because I am NOT going to become Rachel Ray in a week.  I did not receive any simple recipes yet and would love to get some.

Let's recap...my issues are the following
1.  Will I like the dining room painted red?  Would you?
2.  Would you put china on the table that didn't match the walls?
3.  Napkin rings or no napkin rings...that is the question
4.  WHERE ARE MY EASY RECIPES.  Come on people, I need help here.

Please leave comments and recipes my Thanksgiving sisters.  I will be very grateful.  And at the end of the day, grateful and thankful is what this holiday is all about.

One last thing....Sirius XM has their Christmas music channel going.  It's just too early but do I listen?? Of course I do.  Deck the halls!!!!  In my case, its "deck the dining room".

Yours in Coffee,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment