Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Love the Red DR, No Menu yet

The painters are in the middle of painting.  I was almost afraid to come home today because I was sure I would hate it.  I always have (what I think) are great ideas and WHAM! they blow up in my face. I must have been taking my lucky pills when I picked this color, BECAUSE I LOVE IT!!  Now understand that only one wall is done but I do think that this will be a winner of an idea!   When I came home I looked at the fixture in the room.  It's a beautiful ceiling fan but guess what.....DON'T MATCH THE ROOM!  Oy Vey!  I need to figure out just how I am going to find a fixture I love that goes with the motif, have it put up and not call too much attention to the fact that I changed it!.  Most of you do not know my husband.  He is the kindest, sweetest and most wonderful husband and father.  But he has told me NO MORE SPENDING!  The kitchen put him over the edge because it was way over budget.  Granted, my real estate commissions paid for it (it has been a good real estate year for me) but he just doesn't see what I see.  The other little fact is that he is color blind so what does he know anyway.

I don't want to post pics yet because i want to present the room in just the right light.  That will be tomorrow.  But I think I will be spending many sleepless hours this evening figuring out how I will make this work, be perfect, plan the menu (WHERE ARE MY EASY RECIPES PEOPLE....NO POSTS YET), decide on the china issue and napkin rings (Thanks Chris for weighing in) and, most important take care of my real estate clients who are my #1 priority.  I just listed a great house, showed a terrific property this evening, showing a home tomorrow and have a listing appointment Thursday.  I know what you are thinking (aside from the fact that I am a bit cookoo)....it all does not have to get done.  But for the first time in my life I am reaching for the sky and I am going to get it all done.

I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!  ROAR WITH ME LADIES (AND MEN)....and please...send me recipes.

Yours in coffee,

Realtor Barbie (otherwise known as Pam)

No comments:

Post a Comment